Admission decisions for first-year students are determined by a combination of factors...
Approximately two-thirds of the decision for each student is based on high school performance.
High school record (final grades 9-11, and senior year schedule)
- AP/IB/Honors courses, weighting, and class rank
- Required Carnegie (high school) Units
The remaining one-third of the decision is based on other factors including: standardized test scores, personal statement, and activities list.
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Scored must be sent to Penn State directly from testing agency (School code: SAT=2660 & ACT=3656)
- No super scoring...best combined score from one test date
- Other considerations (activities and personal statement)
For more information about Penn State admission requirements, including information about individual majors and information for transfer students, click here.