Why Penn State?
By choosing Penn State at any point in your educational journey, you'll join a globally recognized university that ranks among the nation's best for setting graduates up for greater career potential. You'll be part of a community committed to your success, and when you graduate, you'll join a network of 750K+ Penn Staters spanning the globe.
Start at Penn State year one, or transfer in after LCCC
Because of the special relationship Tamaqua Area High School enjoys with the John E. Morgan Foundation and Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC), graduates of the district have two options for applying to Penn State Schuylkill:
Apply for first-year admission to Penn State Schuylkill and attend all four years on campus, or participate in the university's 2+2 program, attending two years at Schuylkill and then transitioning to another Penn State campus, including University Park.
Take advantage of the Morgan Success Scholarship covering full tuition at LCCC while you complete an associate degree program. During any semester you are enrolled at LCCC, apply for dual admission to Penn State. You will receive a conditional offer of admission to Penn State Schuylkill and will be assigned a Penn State User ID and login. During your last semester of enrollment at LCCC, submit a transfer application and official transcripts via the MyPennState portal.
Students who transfer from LCCC to Penn State Schuylkill can earn a bachelor's degree at considerable savings. Save thousands of dollars in Penn State tuition annually by enrolling at Penn State Schuylkill, and add a RaiseMe award to earn up to $7,000 more over two years. Learn more by visiting raisemetransfer.psu.edu.
In addition, Tamaqua students are specially qualified for a campus scholarship funded by the Morgan Foundation for advanced standing students.
One-on-one transition assistance
At Penn State Schuylkill, our focus is student success. That's why we have a transfer team ready to help you navigate the transition from LCCC to Penn State if you choose that option. Our admissions transfer specialist will make sure you get in the door with ease, and our advising manager helps you register for the courses you need.
Get the conversation started by contact Gianna Agnello-Porambo, our director of admissions and transfer specialist, at 570-385-6252.
Why Penn State Schuylkill?
Penn State Schuylkill is a small campus with limitless possibilities. Our students have access to:
- Bachelor's degree programs including:
- Biology, with options in ecology, genetics/ development biology, and vertebrate physiology
- Business, with options in accounting, health services, and marketing/management
- Corporate Communication
- Criminal Justice
- Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations
- Information Technology
- And an RN-to-BSN program
- Penn State Schuylkill Co-Op, an elective program offering three one-credit career development courses combined with three full-time work experiences, allowing students to graduate with a diploma and a résumé
- 14 athletics teams that compete across the NAIA, PSUAC and USCAA conferences
- The Learning Center, featuring peer tutors and academic coaches who help students succeed
- Undergraduate research opportunities available from day one – in fact, we are one of the most undergraduate research-active campuses across Penn State
- Apartment-style living for all resident students