You're on your way to becoming a Penn Stater!
Now that you've been accepted to Penn State Schuylkill, what comes next? To start, it helps to hear from some of the people living that reality! See what a few of our Lion Ambassador student tour guides—Arabi, Kyle, Rei, and Katherine—have to say about why they chose Penn State Schuylkill:
Learn more about what life is like as a student
If you're wondering what a typical day might look like at Penn State Schuylkill, visit our campus calendar to see the types of exciting events we host on campus throughout the year. Then, take a look at a few snapshots of the student experience:
Join us this spring for an accepted student program, where you'll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a hands-on activity with faculty members during academic breakout sessions.
- Ask questions of current students and get to know what they think about their time at Penn State Schuylkill.
- Learn more about financial aid, housing, accepting your offer, and more!
Register for an accepted student program today:
Saturday, Feb. 18, at 10 a.m. >
Saturday, April 22, at 1 p.m. >
Take care of the little (big) things
Before you can begin your college career at Penn State Schuylkill, there are just a few things you'll need to do:
- File your FAFSA. We recommended that students who will be new to Penn State in the 2023-24 academic year submit their FAFSA by December 1, 2022, for maximum financial aid consideration.
- Accept your offer of admission!
- Activate your online student account (we'll send you instructions after accepting your offer).
- Reserve your on-campus housing (if applicable). We'll send you more information via email.
- Take your placement tests. We'll send you an email with further instructions once you accept your offer!
Get your feet wet
Let the fun begin! Now that you have completed all of the tasks necessary to becoming a bona fide Penn Stater, it's time to attend a New Student Orientation (NSO) beginning in May with dates offered throughout the summer. During your NSO you will:
- Schedule your classes.
- Get a comprehensive orientation to the library and campus IT services.
- Learn how to register your vehicle for parking.
- Hear from campus support services, including Penn State Police and Public Safety, the campus counselor and nurse, and more.
Get ready for Welcome Weekend!
Welcome Weekend takes place the Friday before classes begin in the fall semester. It's a weekend packed with events, food and fun for you and your family. Resident students move into the Nittany Apartments, and the incoming first-year class gets to know one another.
The agenda for this fun weekend changes every year. Get an idea of what Welcome Weekend has in store for you this fall!