At Penn State, you have options.
Some students would like to start at a smaller campus before going to a much larger campus, such as University Park.
...and there are all kinds of reasons why:
- Some would rather start out in smaller classrooms before taking a leap into large lecture halls filled with 600 other students.
- Other students may need to ease themselves into the academic rigors of college coursework.
- Some students may want to live at home for a couple years and save money on housing costs.
Whatever the reason, most of the University's 275 majors can be completed by starting at one campus and completing your program at another. Students opt for the 2+2 Degree Plan: two years at one campus, and two at another—including University Park. About 60% of Penn State students complete their degree under the 2+2 degree plan.
There are many advantages to starting out at Penn State Schuylkill:
- Small class sizes
- Leadership opportunities
- Varsity sports
- Working alongside faculty
- Free tutoring
- Free counseling and health services
- and much more!
So, consider the 2+2 Degree Plan if Penn State Schuylkill doesn't have the degree you are looking for, or if you want to move on to a larger campus after two years.
And no matter where you start,
no matter where you finish,
your degree will be a Penn State degree,
one of the most respected in the country.