Are you a tech guru fascinated by what it takes to keep our online lives safe and secure?
If you are tech savvy and endeavor to work in a challenging and rapidly evolving and expanding field, a career in cybersecurity analytics and operations may be a great fit for you.
About Penn State Schuylkill’s B.S. in Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations is an interdisciplinary program that prepares students for careers as cybersecurity professionals. It educates students on the essential concepts of cyber defense and the analytical fundamentals of cybersecurity, with a focus on the analytical and risk management underpinnings and associated cyber-defense techniques and strategies for ensuring the safety of online information across the complex network infrastructures within today's business, government and military organizations.
Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to critically assess and respond to modern information security threats, using approaches grounded in a holistic understanding of adversarial strategies and effective responses.
The program offers an in-depth approach to:
- the development of skills in cyber defense technologies, tools, and processes;
- cybersecurity analytics and visualization;
- and cybersecurity risk analysis and management.
The major draws from concepts and skills associated with a number of disciplines, including:
- information science
- management science
- statistics and data science
- human behavior
- and law/policy
Graduates will be prepared to join the rapidly growing cybersecurity workforce deployed across organizations of diverse sizes and missions.
Internships and Co-Op
We prepare our students for the job market and help them secure internships that provide meaningful experience in their chosen field. For those students wanting an even richer career-focused experience, students majoring in Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations will be eligible to participate in Penn State Schuylkill Co-Op.
Because our courses blend technical knowledge with skills in communication and business, a Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations degree allows students to pursue in-demand jobs such as:
- cybersecurity analysts
- cyberthreat advisers
- defense specialists
- government advisers
- private sector cybersecurity business professionals
Is This Program Right for Me?
You might enjoy and succeed in this program if:
- You like working with and on computers as well as their operating systems and applications.
- You have an interest in business and organizations and securing
- You want to protect digital information, data stores, and computer networks from threats.
- You want to learn the cyber defense strategies used to anticipate, recognize, and defend against computer attacks.
- You're passionate about how we can keep sensitive information out of the hands of hackers, cybercriminals, and terrorist organizations.
- You enjoy working on a team to solve technical problems for organizations.
- You are interested in computer programming and mathematics.