Solve real-world problems with data expertise
The Bachelor of Science in Business degree with the business analytics option prepares students to pursue careers in applying analytics techniques to real-world business problems to improve outcomes for companies.
Why business analytics?
Business analytics is a fast-growing field within the business world that employs data mining, statistical analysis, and other analytical techniques to inform smarter business decision backed by data. This type of data analysis allows businesses to identify trends, patterns, and more within their business model and customer base, and the need for professionals in this field grows daily. If you are fascinated by data and how consumer trends impact business models, this degree option may be the perfect fit for you.
Job opportunities that build the future
A degree in business with the business analytics option can help you become a critical part of any business team, and business analytics professionals play many roles in the employment landscape. Job opportunities for a business analytics graduate include:
- Operations management
- Organizational behavior monitor
- Business transaction recording specialist and analyst
- Systems analysis and design
- Predictive business analytics professional
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, positions that require a business analyst degree, such as an operations research analyst, earn a median of $82,360 per year.
Students in the business analytics option take the following courses, which require a grade of C or better:
- MIS 301: Business Analytics
- MIS 345: Introduction to Data Analytics
- MIS 431: Business Data Management
Students also select 9 credits of the following courses, which require a grade of C or better:
- COMM/IST 310: Digital Media Metrics
- ECON 481: Business Forecasting Techniques
- MIS 336: Database Management Systems
- MIS 404: Introduction to ERP and Business Processes
- MIS 415: Social Media Management and Analytics
- MIS 441: Business Intelligence for Decision Making
- MIS 445: Business Intelligence
- MKTG 342: Marketing Research
- MKTG 343: Introduction to Marketing Analytics
- MKTG 473: Digital Marketing
- MKTG 474: Marketing Analytics
- MKTG 480: Intermedia Social Media Marketing
- SCM 340: Introduction to Supply Chain Analytics