What is the Student Activity Fee?
All students pay the mandatory Student Activity Fee (SAF) according to number of credit hours in which the student is registered. The funds are allocated to support and enhance student life on campus.
The allocations are approved through the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee, which is made up of seven students, one faculty and two staff members.
The primary purpose of the Student Activity fee is to:
- Improve the overall quality of the campus experience from the student's perspective.
- Increase opportunities for student involvement in the educational process, particularly the out-of-class experience.
- Enhance the appropriate out-of-class services and programs at the commonwealth colleges/campuses based on identified student needs.
In the past, Student Activity funds have supported:
- Programming support of lunchtime and late night entertainment including: comedians; hypnotists; game shows; karaoke; movie nights; and dances.
- Student bus trips to places such as New York City, Washington, DC, and Atlantic City
- Lectures and special speakers on campus
- Fitness Center equipment and extended operating hours
- Diversity programs