General Financial Aid Requirements
In order to meet eligibility requirements, you must:
- complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- be enrolled in a certificate, diploma, or degree program.
- maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- not be in default of student loans or owe refund.
- registered with the Selective Service (if male applicant).
- indicate your name exactly as it appears on your social security card.
- You must renew your FAFSA every year, and the renewal becomes available on October 1.
- The recommended deadline to complete the FAFSA for maximum financial aid consideration is December 1.
- The deadline to apply for Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance, or the Pennsylvania State Grant, is May 1.