Career Services help students plan and pursue career preparation and applying for internships, co-ops, and jobs.
In addition to attending career development courses and workshops, students are able to schedule one-on-one counseling sessions on topics such as:
- Choosing or changing a career direction
- Understanding the relationship between choice of major and career plans
- Assessing abilities, interests, and priorities
- Locating sources of career information
- Developing electronic portfolios
- Learning about graduate school options and the admission process
- Composition of resume and cover letter
- Job search strategies
- Developing interview skills
- Dressing for success
- Any related concerns, such as making the transition from college to work and coping with parental or financial pressures
Whether you are choosing a major, planning ahead for your first career, or thinking about making a career change, MyPlan.com can help you explore options and bring clarity and insight into figuring out what's right for you. If you want to use MyPlan.com, a service that is provided at no cost to you, please contact Tina Rose, and she will provide you with the code to access the site.