Do you want to work for yourself?
Grades 10 through 12
The 2021 Teen Entrepreneur Challenge (TEC) at Penn State Lehigh Valley is open to Schuylkill County's high school students. TEC educates, trains and prepares the next generation of innovators for success. Rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors learn key strategies for starting a business or business concept, and how to develop an entrepreneurial edge.
Programming and Outcomes
All programming will be held virtually this year. Formal instruction will take place Tuesday - Friday during the two-week period for approximately 3 hours per day starting at 10:00 am. Additional time may be required outside of 'classroom' hours to complete assignments. Experiences and outcomes include:
- develop a business profile that will address an issue we will face as a nation in a post-COVID world
- featured speakers from local businesses and virtual ‘field trips’
- real-world case studies and problem-solving activities
- explore ideas on sustainability, improving existing processes, and adaptability
- explore STEAM educational programming & develop new technology skills
- program culminates with a pitch competition including prizes
The Teen Entrepreneur Challenge is a $350 investment. All programming will be held virtually this year. Formal instruction will take place Tuesday through Friday for approximately three hours per day, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Additional time may be required outside of classroom hours to complete assignments.
Tuesdays through Fridays
July 6 - 16, 2021
Classes begin at 10:00 a.m. daily
Register for the Teen Entrepreneur Challenge >