Is your organization interested in providing an information table at this event?
Many programs and efforts by great organizations have been educating and providing valuable information on the potential dangers of opioids, and the life altering effects the drugs have on the addict’s and their loved ones’ lives. This crisis continues to devastate so many families and communities, both emotionally and financially, in Schuylkill County and beyond.
Penn State Schuylkill and Lehigh Valley Hospital - Schuylkill have partnered to organize a wellness conference entitled, OPIOIDS: The Crisis Next Door - The Facts, The Signs, The Resources, which will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2019, at Penn State Schuylkill.
We are inviting grassroots organizations and local care providers to be part of the 2019 Wellness Conference. Any organizations or providers interested in having an information table as well as a representative(s) available during the day of the event from noon to 4:00 p.m. to answer questions and offer guidance and assistance to those seeking help and support can commit to the conference here.
Grassroots Organizations / Providers with Information Tables
Thank you for your interest in providing an information table at the 2019 Wellness Conference, OPIOIDS: The Crisis Next Door – The Facts, The Signs, The Resources hosted by Penn State Schuylkill and Lehigh Valley Hospital - Schuylkill. Please see the logistical details concerning information tables and set up.
- Event date/location: Saturday, September 21, 2019 at Penn State Schuylkill
- Set up: information table and set up must be completed by noon on September 21. You may start setting up any time between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. Guests attending the conference will have the opportunity to view information tables between noon and 4 p.m.
- The information fair will be set up on the campus Mall Walk located outdoors. You may bring a small tent for above your table if you choose, but the outdoor space is well shaded. In the event of inclement weather, the information tables will be set up in the campus gymnasium located in the Health & Wellness Building.
- Parking will not be restricted on the day of the event, but you will not be able to drive directly up to the Mall Walk. We will have a small hand-cart available if needed.
- Guests will have until 4 p.m. to browse tables, after which you may begin to break your table down.
- For planning purposes, we will account for two representatives from each registered grassroots organization / provider to attend the conference. If your organization would like to send more than two representatives, please register for the conference to ensure accurate food count.
- Providers may choose to attend any conference sessions they would like. The table area will be watched during the day, but tables will not be closely monitored. If you choose to leave your table, please take valuables with you.
- Guests attending will vary in age and walks of life. There may be guests who have no experience with opioids and guests with personal questions. Please keep an open mind when interacting!
Contact Susan Faust if you have questions regarding set up at least two weeks prior to the event.
- [email protected]