LionLaunch Business Plan Competition Rules
- Products/Services must be original work of applicant.
- Applicants must sign a media waiver permitting Penn State Schuylkill LionLaunch to use name and pictures of the company in promotional materials.
- Applications must be submitted on Penn State Schuylkill’s website.
- Participant’s contact information must be provided including physical address, email address, and phone number.
- A one-page executive summary and business plan must be submitted by deadline date. Templates are available from the Penn State Schuylkill LionLaunch website and from Shannon Del Conte, director of community engagement, at [email protected].
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of independent professionals. All entries are subject to minimum criteria as found on the rubric. All decisions of the judges are final.
- Prize money will be granted in two installments. A completed W-9 with business name and EIN number must be submitted for the first installment. Receipts for products purchased must be submitted for the second installment. Each installment could take 2 – 3 weeks to process.
- If winners fail to form an entity within one year, the money remains in the competition fund and is not disbursed. "Entity" is defined as a person, partnership, organization, or business that has a legal and separately identifiable existence.
- Teams and their business entities are responsible for any tax consequences of the monies awarded.
- Funds awarded are to be used for a new business or an existing business offering a new product or service.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and live, work, volunteer or attend school in Schuylkill County.
- Funding must be requested and used within one year from time of awarding.
- Competitors who receive funding may only win one time.
- Application Fee*: $100 due with application
*The application fee is waived for all Business Boot Camp participants.