LionLaunch Business Plan Competition Rules
- Products/Services must be original work of applicant.
- Applicants must sign a media waiver permitting Penn State Schuylkill LionLaunch to use name and pictures of the company in promotional materials.
- Applications must be submitted on Penn State Schuylkill’s website.
- Participant’s contact information must be provided including physical address, email address, and phone number.
- A one-page executive summary and business plan must be submitted by deadline date. Templates are available from the Penn State Schuylkill LionLaunch website and from the community engagement office at [email protected].
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of independent professionals. All entries are subject to minimum criteria as found on the rubric. All decisions of the judges are final.
- Prize money will be granted in two installments. A completed W-9 with business name and EIN number must be submitted for the first installment. Receipts for products purchased must be submitted for the second installment. Each installment could take 2 – 3 weeks to process.
- If winners fail to form an entity within one year, the money remains in the competition fund and is not disbursed. "Entity" is defined as a person, partnership, organization, or business that has a legal and separately identifiable existence.
- Teams and their business entities are responsible for any tax consequences of the monies awarded.
- Funds awarded are to be used for a new business or an existing business offering a new product or service.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and live, work, volunteer or attend school in Schuylkill County.
- Funding must be requested and used within one year from time of awarding.
- Competitors who receive funding may only win one time.
- Application Fee*: $100 due with application
*The application fee is waived for all Business Boot Camp participants.