The Wylonis scholarship provides recognition and financial assistance to an incoming freshman undergraduate student at Penn State Schuylkill who meets the following criteria:
- Plans to pursue a four-year bachelor's degree at Penn State. Note: Students pursuing an associate's degree do not qualify for this award.
- Plans to major in a STEM-related degree. STEM-related degrees include but are not limited to*:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Information Technology
- Held a high school grade point average of at least 3.2 on a scale of 4.0
- Demonstrates leadership or entrepreneurship abilities
- Graduated from
- a high school in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania (first preference to students who graduated form North Schuylkill High School; applies to original Wylonis Scholarship)
- a high school in Schuylkill, Lehigh, Luzerne, Carbon, or Berks County, Pennsylvania; applies to Wylonis STEM Scholarship
- Demonstrates financial need (Free Application for Federal Student Aid is required; Penn State Schuylkill code 003329)
*Direct your questions regarding eligible degree programs to [email protected].
This scholarship will be awarded for one academic year and may be renewed for subsequent years, providing the recipient continues to meet the conditions of eligibility and funds are available. This scholarship is intended to be awarded to a student for up to four academic years, and the recipient may continue to receive this scholarship if he or she transfers to Penn State University Park to complete his or her four-year degree. While at University Park, the student would also receive an award to cover one-half of the cost of standard double occupancy housing expense in addition to the one half of the cost of in-state tuition.
To be considered for the Wylonis scholarship, applicants must:
- Submit the application below.
- File a 2022-23 FAFSA.