In the Advanced Grant Writing Tips and Tricks series, Erin Portland, owner of Schuylkill GrantWorks, LLC, and a 2019 winner of Penn State Schuylkill's Business Plan Competition, will share her expertise with you in this virtual four-part workshop series. This workshop is ideal for those who:
- work for or with a nonprofit organization,
- are new to the grant writing process, and/or
- want to increase their grant-funding knowledge and success.
Participants will also leave each workshop with a valuable reference guide!
Schedule and Registration
This four-part workshop will be delivered virtually via Zoom. Classes will meet Tuesdays, October 5, through October 26, 2021, from 5 to 6 p.m.
This course is a $199 investment and includes all course materials as well as reference guides to help you with your future grant-writing endeavors. Register for Advanced Grant Writing Tips and Tricks now >
Workshop 1: Preparing the Most Requested Grant Application Documents
In the first workshop, participants will learn how to:
- identify the most commonly requested documents by grant makers.
- prepare the most commonly requested documents.
Workshop 2: 10 Quick Tips for Better Grant Writing
In the second workshop, Portland will review 10 tips for better grant writing. Participants will:
- learn strategic steps to take to increase grant application competitiveness.
- explore methods that improve grant application development and writing.
Workshop 3: How to Effectively Communicate with Grant Makers
In the third workshop, Portland will introduce participants to the most appropriate way to communicate with grant makers through practical examples. Participants will learn how to phrase communications professionally and courteously in order to increase grant application success.
Workshop 4: Ensuring a Smooth and Successful Grant Application Submission
During the final workshop in the series, Portland will guide participants through specific action stops to take before, during, and after the grant application submission process.