Because students will be housed in apartments and not typical dorm rooms, we have created a list of items that might make living at the Nittany Apartments more comfortable. Some items are necessary and are marked with an *. Others are just suggestions.
- TWIN XL (extra-long) bedding *
- Small kitchen appliances (i.e. toaster, can opener, coffee maker etc.)
- Towels, washcloths, shower curtain*
- Kitchen supplies - utensils, cups, plates, bowls, cookware*
- Food storage containers, foil, plastic wrap
- Television (one per bedroom, one per living room)
- Trash cans* - bathroom, bedside and kitchen (one recycling container provided for each apartment)
- Paper products - toilet paper, trash bags, napkins, paper towels, etc.
- Cleaning supplies* - kitchen, bath & bare floor products, mops, buckets, sponges, etc.
- Laundry Supplies - hamper or laundry bag, detergent, and softener
- Fan (air conditioners are not permitted)
- Computer/laptop, printer, and power surge strip
- Throw rugs- all rooms are bare floor and a vacuum is not provided
- Lamps - living room, bedside (please use CFL bulbs)
- Flashlight, nightlight
Please see the Terms, Conditions, and Regulations for PROHIBITED appliances as well as other important policies. This list might seem a bit extensive, but consider the fact that there are generally 6 roommates. You will be receiving the name and phone number of your roommates many weeks before the semester begins and arrangements can be made so that each person will bring some things. Each person does not have to bring all of the above listed items.