Registering for Classes
- Students will be notified when the Schedule of Courses is published on the web. A complete searchable schedule is located at http://schedule.psu.edu
- Students should register for classes via the web using eLion.
- Refer to the Registration Timetable (published on the web and in the Schedule of Courses) to determine the first day you may register for classes for a particular semester.
- Course enrollment information is available via eLion.
- An Open/Closed List showing class limits and current enrollments is also posted in the Registrar's Office on a daily basis during the registration period.
Completing Your Registration
The Penn State registration process is not complete until tuition and fees are paid. After students schedule their courses, the Bursar's office will send an e-mail message to the student's official University e-mail account announcing that the eBill is available. Regardless of the amount due, action is required to complete the registration process. For detailed information concerning your tuition bill please contact the Bursar's office.
Consequences of Incomplete Registration
- Students will not receive grades for courses attended.
- Once classes begin, students cannot add, late add, or late drop courses for the current semester.
- Students are ineligible to register for future semesters.
- If receiving student loans, the student may enter a repayment status with lender.
- If receiving student aid, some aid sources may be canceled and unable to be reinstated at a later date.
- If receiving a Federal Work Study award, the student cannot be hired.
- The University reserves the right to cancel an incomplete registration for failure to pay tuition and fees.
- International students may be out of compliance with the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) federal requirements. For more information, contact the Office of Global Programs.