Answers to the most commonly asked questions about housing at Penn State Schuylkill.
1. If I receive a housing contract offer does that mean I am guaranteed a space?
YES. All full-time students with a home address further than 50 miles from Penn State Schuylkill are required to live in the Nittany Apartments.
2. I paid the $230 enrollment fee to the University, but I did not get a housing offer in the mail. What should I do?
Send an email to Eva Cresswell at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your Penn State ID number in your message.
3. Is everyone attending Penn State Schuylkill eligible for housing in the Nittany Apartments?
YES. However, residents must be a full-time degree seeking student taking a minimum of 12 credits.
4. Can I request a specific roommate?
YES. Email Kim Quinn before July 31 at email@example.com. Roommate requests will only be honored if both parties request each other.
5. When will I know my apartment assignment?
Student housing assignments will be available approximately one month before the beginning of the fall semester. The room assignment will be emailed and include contact information of all the students assigned to your apartment.
6. What are the conditions for canceling my contract?
Cancellation must submitted, from the student, to Kim Quinn, housing manager, either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing via U.S. Mail addressed to The Schuylkill Campus Advisory Board, 200 University Drive, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972. Security deposit refund checks will be issued to the student, if applicable. Please refer to the Terms, Conditions & Regulations for deadlines and refund amounts.
7. What if I need special accommodations?
The Schuylkill Campus Advisory Board provides a climate of equal opportunity to all of its programs, activities, and services, and is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Sections 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Please indicate any special housing needs in the space provided on your contract.
8. When can I move in?
Move-in day is the Friday before classes begin for the semester.
9. What do I need to bring?
Visit the Suggested Items to Bring section for more information.