The Career Services office provides programs and information for current students, prospective students, and Penn State alumni. Our services are designed to help you make informed career decisions and learn more about the ongoing journey of career management, before and after graduation.
Career planning is often a challenging process that can be complicated by many factors, such as expectations of others, lack of self-confidence, and labor market conditions. Feel free to stop by the Career Services office for counseling sessions on the following topics:
- Choosing or changing a career direction
- Understanding the relationship between choice of major and career plans
- Assessing abilities, interests, and priorities
- Locating sources of career information
- Developing electronic portfolios
- Learning about graduate school options and the admission process
- Composition of resume and cover letter
- Job search strategies
- Developing interview skills
- Dressing for success
- Any related concerns, such as making the transition from college to work and coping with parental or financial pressures
- And many, many more topics!
MyPlan.com helps students and professional plan more fulfilling lives by making well-informed decisions about their education and careers. Whether you are deciding on what college to go to, choosing a major, planning ahead for your first career, or thinking about making a career change, MyPlan.com can help you explore options and bring clarity and insight into figuring out what's right for you.
If you decide you want to use MyPlan, which is provided at no cost to you, please contact Tina Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will provide you with the code to access the site.
To learn more about these valuable resources, stop by the Health & Wellness Center to set up an appointment. If it is more convenient, contact the Career Services staff.